These are some of my favorite things I’ve written lately:
- While on sabbatical in Oklahoma I discovered that the state locks up more women per capita than anywhere else on the planet. The result is this piece of longform narrative journalism.
- From Here You Can See Everything is an essay I published in The Morning News about consumer media’s evolution as an attentional parasite.
- I wrote this series of profiles on young women chasing powerful dreams for my company Ember. We call them Ember Heroes.
- On Medium I’ve written about a factory collapse in Bangladesh, the consumerization of American myth, and the genius of Elon Musk.
- After seven years in Uganda and a very long Sunday I wrote A Marathon in Uganda as a meditation on running, death, and life.